The Annual Rally4Vets Inter-Service Motorsports “Top Dog” Competition
Veteran motorsports enthusiasts, start your engines!
The military services have over 25 different sports competitions but motorsports aren’t one of them.
We’re changing that!
VetsRally4Vets Competition Overview
If you’re a veteran or active-duty personnel and you like motorsports, even if you are a novice driver, our Top Dog events are for you!
The format is a one-day TrackCross event where drivers from the 8 uniformed Services go head-to-head on one of Summit Point Raceway’s fabled circuits to score points to win the coveted Top Dog Trophy.
Why have an Inter-Service Competition?
During our time in the military, we made great friends during all the time we spent together. And we always enjoyed competing in sporting events for bragging rights!
We’re bringing that same camaraderie and competitive spirit to the motorsports world to help our fellow veterans dealing with PTSD.
Here’s the format in a nutshell . . .
- 8 Service teams (10 drivers each) compete in a trackcross event at a regular race track. [The 2021 event was at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia.] Points are awarded by driver placings in each car class.
- The winning “Top Dog” team will have their Service name inscribed on the trophy.
- We have created forums for veterans to connect and create and coordinate their team efforts:
Key Points . . .
- Each event will have room for just 80 drivers (10 drivers from each Service).
- You’ll have a blast, provide critical support to our veteran community, and be a star in our event video.
- Click the following link to read the after-action report from 2021 and view the photo gallery – 2021 Top Dog Championship.
- Block Your Calendar for October [we’re working on the exact date], 2022.
- Join Your Service Forum and reach out to your veteran motorsports enthusiast colleagues.
- Join our “No Spam Every or We Pay Your Entry Fee” email list for 2022 event information.
- Begin practicing your track sprint with the SCCA or NASA!